7 Days of "Les Miserables", Day 6: The 2010 Cast Recording (2010)

   I haven't listened to much of this cast recording prior to today (October 6, 2015), so naturally I was very excited to finally listen to it all the way through. This cast recording is definitely up there with the Complete Symphonic Recording. It was thrilling.....the cast was top notch and just everything about it was just so perfect

  John Owen Jones has a remarkable voice in the role of Jean Valjean....I think that it really suits the role and he sings the score beautifully. Same goes for Earl Carpenter who played the role of Javert in this cast recording.

  Madelena Alberto played Fantine and she was....wow. I was very impressed.....she sounded amazing. Just so much emotion and power in her voice. I felt just about the same for Rosalind James (Eponine) as well. Both of their voices were just so gorgeous.

   I really enjoyed the Thenardiers (Ashley Artus and Lynne Wilmot) in this recording. I would like to see a video of their performance because I am sure they are very hilarious.

  Garteh Gates does a well job in the role of Marius. I thought his voice was a bit higher than most other Marius', that was the very first thing I noticed about his vocal performance.

         Other standouts in this recording include Jon Robyns (Enjorlas) and Katie Hall (Cosette).

The cast of the 2010 UK Tour of "Les Miserables"


The energy on this cast recording is really amazing. The cast sounds so excited and the fact that this was recorded during an actual show just adds so much to it. If you have not listened to this cast recording, I suggest that you go out and buy it. 5 Stars!!!!!!








Image result for 5 stars


Again, sorry....I wish I had more to say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Phantom of the Opera" Restaged National Tour Review

7 Days of "Les Miserables", Day 4: The 10th Anniversary Concert (1995)

Carol Channing in "Hello, Dolly!" (1996)