7 Days of "Les Miserables", Day 5: The 25th Anniversary Concert (2010)

                                                 Day 5: The 25th Anniversary Concert

  WOW....just WOW..... The concert is absolutely phenomenal. The cast is probably one of the best, if not the best cast of "Les Miserables" ever put together.

   Alfie Boe is the best Jean Valjean that I have seen so far. His voice is like the improved version of Colm Wilkinson's voice. Boe's voice just has so much power and emotion, and it just sounds so beautiful. Same goes for Norm Lewis (Javert). Lewis' Javert is the best Javert out there, he is just so thrilling, and even a bit scary at times Boe and Lewis' "Confrontation" is absolutely thrilling. I had chills.

Norm Lewis as Inspector Javert


   Lea Salonga gave an emotional performance as Fantine. Her "I Dreamed a Dream" is really incredible. She had a very realistic take on Fantine, and I hope that one day (before she gets too told for the role) she reprises her portrayal of Fantine.

   I am not going to to lie, but I really enjoy Nick Jonas in the role of Marius. I don't understand why people don't enjoy his portrayal. He fits the role very well.

  As Eponine, Samantha Barks is quite incredible. She has a really great voice, but I think she can get a little to cutesy at times, which in my opinion does not quite work in this show. But, this does not stop her from giving a great performance.

 Other standouts include: Matt Lucas (Thenardier), Jenny Galloway (Madame Thenardier), Ramin Karimloo (Enjorlas), and Katie Hall (Cosette).

   This concert is AMAZING. It is just so great to listen too. The technical aspects are also really great. Especially, the lighting design. Whenever I want to listen to or watch Les Mis, this concert or the symphonic recording are my go tos. If you have not already seen this concert (I'd hope you already have by now), BUY IT NOW. 5 stars!!!!

P.S.: Sorry, I wish i had more to say about this concert, its just so amazing that it leaves me speechless!





Image result for 5 stars

The 25th Anniversary Cast of "Les Miserables"
Jean Valjean- ALFIE BOE
Javert- NORM LEWIS
Fantine- LEA SALONGA
Young Cosette- MIA JENKINS
Madame Thenardier- JENNY GALLOWAY
Thenardier- MATT LUCAS
Gaveroche- ROBERT MADGE
Enjorlas- RAMIN KARIMLOO
Marius- NICK JONAS
Eponine- SAMANTHA BARKS
Cosette- KATIE HALL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Phantom of the Opera" Restaged National Tour Review

7 Days of "Les Miserables", Day 4: The 10th Anniversary Concert (1995)

Carol Channing in "Hello, Dolly!" (1996)