7 Days of "Les Miserables", Day 4: The 10th Anniversary Concert (1995)

                                                Day 4: The 10th Anniversary Concert!

  Okay, I am not going to lie...but I thought I would have way more to say about this concert than I do. There were just so many cast members reprising their roles and I don't have anything else to say about those people. So, this review will just be touching on the cast members I have not already reviewed.

   I have already reviewed, Colm Wilkinson (Jean Valjean), Phillip Quast (Javert), Alun Armstrong (Thenardier), Michael Ball (Marius), Michael Maguire (Enjorlas), and Judy Kuhn (Cosette).

   The first cast member I have not already reviewed is Ruthie Henshall in the role of Fantine. As Fantine, Ruthie Henshall is my absolute favorite in the role. She has such a gorgeous voice and her face just has so much emotion to it. She doesn't need to cry or do anything to convey the emotion on her face. It is just so natural and believable.
Ruthie Henshall as Fantine




   Next on my list, is Lea Salonga as Eponine. Her portrayal of Eponine is just so flawless. She has a phenomenal voice and her acting chops are perfect for the role. I wish she did more in this concert...I can listen to her sing all day long. Like Henshall, Lea Salonga is the best Eponine.....EVER.

   Jenny Galloway is my favorite Madame Thenardier. She is just so funny and I adore watching her.

              NOTE: THE YOUNG COSETTE IN THIS CONCERT (Hannah Chick) IS SCARY

The concert on it's own is just perfect. However, I do wish it contained more of the show and did not skip over as much. There was just so much energy throughout the entire thing. The cast of this  concert is often dubbed as "The Dream Cast", that statement is almost correct, in my opinion...and that says a lot! 5 stars!


                                          Image result for 5 stars                                           The 10th Anniversary Cast of "Les Miserables"
Jean Valjean- COLM WILKINSON
Javert- PHILLIP QUAST
Fantine- RUTHIE HENSHALL
Madame Thenardier- JENNY GALLOWAY
Thenarider- ALUN ARMSTRONG
Gaveroche- ADAM SEARLES
Enjorlas- MICHAEL MAGUIRE
Marius- MICHAEL BALL
Eponine- LEA SALONGA
Cosette- JUDY KUHN




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Phantom of the Opera" Restaged National Tour Review

Carol Channing in "Hello, Dolly!" (1996)